Thursday, September 27, 2012

LOVE MAJEWSKI INTERVIEW




Many of you may know Love Majewski from the Investigation Discovery's raw and real series "I married a Mobster" however what many people do not realize is that you have all seen Love portrayed by Angelina Jolie in the 2000 film "Gone in 60 seconds" which was based on Love Majewski's teenage years.


Today however I would like to introduce you to the Love Majewski I have come to know and love through her Cosmetic Line Veritas which has become extremely high in demand and continues to grow in it's popularity due to the quality of the product.


Some of you may know that I am a busy mum of four young children and rarely have time to think about cosmetics let alone apply them however I recently began to follow Love's personal Blog which has given me simple and easy tips in which I have found very useful and consume very little of my time.


I have since become a big fan of the veritasncosmetics blog written by Love because not only does Love guide us in using and applying cosmetics but she also keeps us entertained with personal experience stories which in my opinion allows people to feel more at ease and comfortable seeking advice when unsure.


I have been thinking of 3 words I could describe my experience with Love's Line and this is what I came up with!
It's sexy,cool and simple!


During the past couple of weeks I have had the pleasure of getting to know Love personally and have nothing bad to say.
She is one of the most Genuine, Real and Sincere ladies I have ever met who is very open and giving of her time.
I had a few questions for her and she was extremely willing of her time and happy to take part in my interview.

In saying this you have to understand that being in Australia the time difference can be somewhat of a challenge however Love was up at 4am because she did not want to keep me waiting.
I was not only very shocked but also very humbled because It is not often we hear of our favourite celebrities putting kind and genuine thought into the lives of strangers.

I would just like to say a very big thank you to Love for doing this interview at my convenience rather than you own and also for the amount of time in which you have spent with your answers.


The Interview

First and foremost I would like to say than you for donating your time because I understand you are working  around the clock, Can you tell us about what you are working on?

First I’d like to spend a moment to publicly thank you for taking this time away from your busy schedule ,children& your media sites to not only watch my shows but to interview me as well! I’m very glad that you’ve gotten time to read the helpful hints on the blog.
I have even more respect for all the blogs than I did before now that I’m trying writing one myself..It’s very difficult to stay relevant and informative while fun& interesting.That’s why I often refer to it as “the beauty betch rant” I occasionally have to stop myself from ranting lol and that lil nick name in the corner is my reminder! t to publicly thank you for taking this time away from your busy schedule,children & your media sites to not only watch my shows but to interview me


Your cosmetic Line Veritas is really taking off and expanding, how did it come about and what was the foundation of thought behind Veritas?

Veritas is the Latin word for "Truth in beauty"

Veritas herself was actually the goddess of Truth & Beauty but most importantly Veritas is the culmination of my personal experience of over 20 years in the Makeup Artist industry.

I’ve worked all angles of the industry from being on the retail to being on set for music videos feature films,TV shows,Commercials.
I have even had the pleasure of doing Makeup for the “I Married a Mobster” series on ID & for VH1’s “MobWives”.
Through out all of my experiences combined I kept a book a small leather bound journal you might say it was the original beauty betch’s rantings.
I would make notes on how to improve current companies products or sketch a look I wanted to try with the airbrush and often draw a picture of a brush tip that had not been created yet.
As you can imagine,After doing this for over 10 years it was practically it’s own entire business plan.
Having worked in such high end speciality stores I had researched different skincare lines and their ingredients. I also learnt a lot about private labelling of cosmetics.
Once I discovered what it actually takes to produce a beautiful product and how cheap it was to privately label a product without a logo or the ingredients of your choice, I was then left asking myself where is the TRUTH in beauty?
Hence “VERITAS” In order to get a full service line up & running I was forced to order some products from private labels but that allotted me the time to take each product one by one and re formulate them to my original specifications.
What type of products are currently available and what can we expect from Veritas?
I began with my Temporary tattoo Semi-Permanent eyeliner which is currently our #1 selling product.
My most recent reformulations our my 360 degree airless all season foundation pump and my “pressed” you heard it PRESSED mineral makeup in a compact.
I won’t bore you with the details of each here Let’s just say that I light up like a proud mother whenever someone tells me they LOVE what I have created for them. I’m extremely proud of each product,tool,brush,skincare & colour that I make & I look forward to developing more.
I’m currently working on a new Micro Dermabrasion Sugar Scrub for the face & I’ve recently designed a washable mascara wand which is due out soon. 
Between all of that and being a full time working MUA.


Other than Veritas are you working on anything else and what can we expect to see from you on a personal level in the near future?
I also have a costume Jewelry line which was more of a hobby but has begun to take on a life of its own and is available mainly in high end salons where Veritas Cosmetics are sold.
I have also recently trademarked a decorative stylus for ladies & gentleman to use with their Ipads,Iphones or touch screen telephones or computers.
I’ve also been doing more television related work where I have been Unleashing the stories and revealing the secrets of my youth.
Doing these appearances has brought me a sense of closure that was beyond compare to anything I have ever accomplished.
Given that I personally felt so much closure I began composing an idea to work with girlfriends of mine who had also lived with were married to men in “The Lifestyle” in an attempt to help them find themselves once more as I did with Veritas So you can expect to see more of me and more possibly in a different role than you’re all accustomed too.
I’ve also been keeping up with my beauty blog & Tomorrow my little girl & I (Amanda) will be sharing a new quickie hair style which is great for Mom's.
It’s Fashion season here in NYC so I just finished working backstage at a friend’s runway show where I designed all the Makeup looks for the show but did not actually apply them.
This year I’d like to spend more time watching the shows than styling or doing makeup. I'm fact I’m looking fwd to 2 this week.


I mentioned earlier that I was a busy mum of 4 young children and reading your blog has been very helpful because you make sexy a simple thing, do you have a favourite simple tip to offer?

Every year around mother’s day I love to host an event called 3minunte Mommy makeovers & the most popular tip by far has consistently been for a soft daytime smokey eyed look it’s incredibly simple.

I suggest an olive or a navy pencil but it will work with a plum or a brown as well. This can be done by simply applying a quick swipe to your upper lash line (above the eye only). It doesn’t have to be even or end sharply at all the we take my short haired sable smudge brush & dab it into a shadow of the exact or similar colour.

A quick rundown on tools has you with a short haired sable smudge brush, A freshly sharpened creamy eye pencil & an eye shadow powder of the same or the most similar colour you have in your makeup drawer. 
Once the line is applied you dab the brush tips into the shadow & place it on top of the line gently rocking it back & forth from the centre of the eye out toward the hairline. 
Now grab a q-tip swipe off any fallen shadow from under your eye pat dry warm your eye cream & concealer together between your fore finger & your ring finger & swipe under each eye & GO!
You may also want to add mascara but this technique should never take longer than 2 or 3 minutes & is a very different approach to your boring old daily routine of makeup! You also get to use up the shadows that 16yr old tart at the MAC counter swore you’d just love forever that are now growing hair in your bottom vanity drawer
I understand that 9/11 is a very difficult and tough time for you? For those who are not aware are you able to speak a little about this time?

I am a 9/11 victim’s surviving family member.
My Uncle Adam P Arias was the Vice President of operations at Eurobrokers in Tower 2 on that Ill-fated day.
My mother is the eldest of 6 children & married my father at the age of 19.
Adam & I were only 5 yrs apart. 
We grew up hanging out more like brother & sister than Uncle & Niece and even got our apartments upstairs & downstairs together.
We rode the express bus to Manhattan to work almost daily and It’s not only a day of great personal loss & mourning but it continues to be a day filled with stress & pain because the memorials are still not completed 11yrs later.
We are constantly subjected to the latest conspiracy theory or the $50 parking fee they want during the reading of the names which all of our politicians swore would always be free to us.

That is the ONLY day of the year that I do not work in fact it saddens me that it is not a national day of mourning.


If Love Majewski was on the front page of tomorrow's newspaper what would the headline say?
2 Words! SELF -MADE

Being in the public eye I understand it has it's pro's and cons but could you tell us about your most memorable fan encounter?
My most enjoyable encounters are always when women reach out to me & tell me that they found inspiration in my story.
One funny encounter occurred while I was travelling.
I change my hairstyle & my look so often that I often take it for granted that people don’t recognise me because being from NYC people ignore a lot of things they see on the street but while travelling in a small town I wasn’t aware that my shows were in re-runs on a local network & I was walking toward a Friday’s with a friends daughter. The little girl said Love those people just waved at you & I didn’t even look up before I said Oh honey you must be mistaken I’ve never been here before!
As soon as I hit the door to the restaurant a little white haired lady yelled 
"I know you! You married a mobster!"
The child is now petrified (I’m smiling trying to act normal) I turn the corner & 8 people were lined around our table asking me for autographs. I was flattered but the little girl burst out hysterical crying she was so frightened.
I had to leave but there have been a few strange encounters in fact there was one woman I had to ask to stop saying I shot my boyfriend across the aisle on an aeroplane.
Mostly I enjoy the public


.
What bothers or concerns you the most about being in the public eye?
Nothing bothers me. I honestly feel blessed to have been given these opportunities to share my life (mistakes & all).
When you share personal details of your life with the public it’s like opening your front door where you can’t expect people not to look in as they walk past.
So far I have been blessed I have met such amazingly kind people.
I’ve received beautiful custom made gifts,clothing,shoes & breathtaking flowers. I think I have a really thoughtful fan base.
Although I did have some threats but they all turned out to be a former cast member provoking some poor misguided soul. 
Once I explained to him that I AM the boogey man & it’ll take a lot more than a phone call & a strongly worded E-mail to get my tail in a twist he understood.lol.

Is there any particular line of advice or quote that you have been given to which has remained with you throughout your life?
My mother had once told me to "Live each night as though it would appear in the local papers headlines the next day because that’s how small Staten Island is"

I understand the man in your life is Manolo? Can you tell us about this fine young man and also about the causes you fight so strongly for?
I am a huge MEGA French bulldog lover as you know by now & anyone that has seen me on instagram has gotten to know Manolo is my main man & Winston (his son) is my prince.
I truly have a zero tolerance for any type of animal neglect or abuse.
I’m particularly offended by puppy mills, dog fighting and mistreated stray cats but who isn’t.
I’ve also never been fond of those weird lil hot dog dogs they have beady lil eyes but other than that I break all the rules my dogs sleep in the bed ride in the car hell they practically smoke, drink and steal the car keys.


If I were to go for a drive in your car right now, what Cd would I hear in your CD player?
I think I have the soundtrack to "Wicked" in my Cd player!
Snow white & the huntsman in the back seat DVD but I’m currently on a Kanye West kick with his music in the ipod plug in. 
90%of the time it’s satellite radio the “Love” station! I mean who doesn’t like Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain. 
Just don’t tell anyone about my Barry Manilow collection!

To conclude our interview, If you could speak to your entire fan base as one unit what would you like them to know?
I really wish I could tell everyone that I do appreciate it when people have found hope in my story but I do NOT recommend that anyone shoot or take a shot at a cheating bastard,(Unfortunately I must’ve been a slow learner cuz it took me more than one) 
I finally realised that a punishment far worse than shooting anyone is just to ignore them!
I don’t mean for a day or a few hours I mean for good! If you entrust someone with your most sacred of all objects (your heart) & they disrespect they deserve to die alone! 
Don’t you go helping them get there! 
We are beautiful amazing creatures capable of such kindness & beauty our resilience is boundless,NEVER EVER let anyone put you down or make you feel less than perfect & Tell yourself you are amazing everyday,there is nothing you can’t accomplish if you want it badly enough.



I would again like to say many thanks to Love for donating her time to speak with me, It was truly and honor and I can only wish for the best things in the future for Love Majewski.
Be sure to check out Love's cosmetic blog!!

Posted below are all the links to Love Majewski's social and business sites.

Love's official Twitter https://twitter.com/LoveMajewski






No comments:

Post a Comment